There’s a feature we have within Google Calendars to schedule appointments. What’s an appointment?
An appointment is a time slot that others can reserve for time with you, within a block of time you set aside on your calendar.
When school is closed, you may want to use this feature to manage your office hour times.
- Create a new event in your calendar. Choose “Appointment Slots” after clicking to create the event.
- Choose the time for your slots. In the example below, I chose 10 minutes.
- Complete the rest of the details.
- Click/choose Save. Then you will see the event on your calendar.
- Click on your calendar event, choose “Go to the appointment page for this event…”
- This is where students can sign up for a slot. Share this in your typical channels (i.e., Schoology or email).
For more information, look at Google’s support document on this feature.